Having home window film installed in Lighthouse Point, Fla., is an investment in the home. It will pay off as it reduces monthly energy bills. However, if it’s not properly taken care of, it can become damaged and no longer provide the benefits it was engineered for. It’s vital for those who have their home windows tinted to know how to properly care for them to protect their investment.
“If the film is not properly taken care of, it can ruin it quickly,” explains Vince Ceraulo, president of Southern Glass Protection. “If it’s already ruined from not taking care of it, we can get it changed and show you how to take care of it.”
One of the biggest mistakes people make is to put a chemical on their tint that shouldn’t be used. When this happens, it breaks down the materials, making the tint less effective. A film that has degraded or become discolored may no longer be filtering out as much harmful UV rays or providing the protection that it initially did.
Here are tips for adequately caring for home window film to increase its longevity:
- Avoid putting harsh chemicals or ammonia on the window that has film.
- Don’t use a blade on the window to clean it or remove something from it, such as adhesive.
- When cleaning the tint, use water with a bit of dish soap and a microfiber cloth. Gently clean the window and wipe it dry.
- Avoid using adhesives to put decorations up in the window on the film. Many people unknowingly do this around holidays.
- Homes with window tints on the outside will want to pay attention to what may come in contact with it, including any sprinklers that may hit it regularly.
“Caring for tinted home windows is not difficult, if you follow these tips,” added Ceraulo. “When you doubt, give us a call, and we will be happy to answer your questions.”
For over 20 years, Southern Glass Protection has provided residential window tinting services in Lighthouse Point and around Broward County. They have earned a 5-star reputation for providing excellent customer service and using high-quality materials. They use only Vista window film, with a 100% transferable warranty. The company offers free estimates and provides all new customers with a 10% discount voucher. To obtain both, visit the site at: https://southernglassprotection.com/window-tinting-lighthouse-point/
About Southern Glass Protection
With over 20 years of experience, Southern Glass Protection is the leading window film company in the Boca Raton, Fla., area. The company offers professional residential and commercial window tinting services, helping customers reduce energy bills and add style, privacy, and UV protection. To get more information about the company, visit the site at: https://southernglassprotection.com
Southern Glass Protection
5222 NW 110th Ave