Marietta, GA – A truck’s size and weight can cause devastating physical trauma, injury, and mental anguish for victims, which is why having an experienced legal professional alleviates the aggravation and frustration of dealing with insurance companies or the justice system. Following a wreck, a truck accident injury lawyer helps victims recoup their damages for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, past/future lost wages, emotional distress, and loss of consortium.
Selecting the best Atlanta truck accident lawyer is easy if a victim knows what to identify. But with so many options available, how can one choose the right lawyer for their case? The Graham Firm has compiled a list of key factors to consider when selecting a truck accident injury lawyer:
- Expertise: The firm believes general practitioner-type law firms aren’t the best for complex commercial vehicle accident lawsuits. Instead, a victim needs a lawyer that focuses on truck accident representation since they understand federal law and regulations for commercial carriers, such as maintenance requirements, driver hours of service, vehicle repair/inspection, and many more to investigate all scenarios.
- Research: When choosing a lawyer for a truck accident representation, victims must conduct extensive research by reviewing a lawyer’s testimonials, checking the state bar website, or asking friends/family for referrals. Truck accident cases have unique challenges and rights compared to car accident claims, necessitating the skills of a local attorney passionate about protecting clients’ interests.
- Experience: After identifying potential lawyers, The Graham Firm advises victims to investigate their experience by reviewing their websites, comparing them to the competition, and discovering their expiration dates. A lawyer’s outdated website may reflect their lack of attention to detail or disregard for clients’ interests. A detailed website should contain the type of cases a firm handles, past verdicts/settlements, information about the lawyers and staff, current phone number, email address, a physical address, and a resource center with educational material.
- Ask Questions: Before hiring a lawyer, the victim can ask questions to know if they understand the unique aspects of a truck accident case. They can ask lawyers for the number of truck accident claims they have handled in the past, their success rate, and their familiarity with state/federal law that apply to a case. Other considerations include the lawsuits they have taken to trial and those settled out of court, opinions about a victim’s circumstance, possible challenges, and next steps/recommendations.
- Understand the Costs/Fees: The Graham Firm emphasizes the importance of understanding a lawyer’s costs, billing, fees, and expenses. Most lawyers handle personal injury claims on contingency, which means they only get paid when a case settles or a judge awards a verdict. From there, a victim or their loved one can get a retainer agreement that addresses complicated issues specific to current/future needs.
- Communication: Additionally, a truck accident injury lawyer should maintain open lines of communication with a victim, their family members, physicians, and other parties key to the success of a case. Victims should know how often they will receive case updates, preferred communication channels, a lawyer’s response time, parties working on their case, and other points of contact/their availability.
“At The Graham Firm, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that truck accidents can take on individuals and families. That’s why we work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality legal representation and the best possible outcome for their case. We encourage anyone who has been involved in a truck accident to do their research to get the level of representation they deserve,” said Charles Graham, owner and founder of The Graham Firm.
The Graham Firm, also known as The Big Truck Lawyers, represents 18-wheelers and other truck accident victims. Charles Graham has over a decade of trucking experience, having worked with drivers and operated/managed 18-wheeler trucks. He has in-depth insight other lawyers lack, allowing him to understand important issues and how to address them.
To schedule a free consultation, call 404-526-9955 or visit their website at https://grahamlawga.com. The Graham Firm is located at 191 Roswell St NE #200, Marietta, GA, 30060.
The Graham Firm
191 Roswell St NE #200