Those negotiating cell tower leases around the country must know how to maximize their potential. If they succeed in the negotiation, they will make more money and have better lease terms. If they fail to do so, they will leave money on the table and find themselves in a contract that leaves them feeling unhappy. A leading cell tower lease consultant, David Espinosa, shares tips to help people be more successful with their negotiations.
“I want everyone to get the best lease they can because it helps everyone in the industry,” explains David Espinosa, president of TowerLeases.com. “Every time someone accepts less than they should, it merely devalues rates and contracts for others.”
Here are 5 tips for more successful cell tower lease negotiations:
- Make comparisons. It’s a good idea to know what others in the area are being paid and what the supply and demand are like.
- Know the market. Determine how many people in the area need the coverage. The density of an area will make a difference in the rate one is offered.
- Don’t back down. People often give in too quickly. Taking the first offer may be a mistake.
- Know the property. Property typography makes a difference and can be used in negotiating a rate.
- Get help. Working with an industry expert can go a long way toward getting a better lease.
“The cellular company is going to have someone trained at negotiating the leases, so they immediately have an advantage,” added Espinosa. “Knowing how to work with them will lead to a better outcome. Do your homework, so you come out ahead.”
Working with leases for American Tower, ATT, Crown Castle, SBA Communications, and others, Espinosa has helped countless clients over the last 12 years. He guides them in being able to earn more with buyouts, obtaining better terms, etc. Along with working with individuals, he also works with government agencies wanting to lease land to cellular companies. He offers a free 30-minute phone consultation so people can determine if working with him can benefit them. To learn more, call 404-644-6446, or visit the site at: TowerLeases.com
Located in the Atlanta area, TowerLeases.com serves the country with cell tower lease consultation and negotiation services. Its mission is to help protect those leasing their land for cellphone towers. They offer a free consultation to see if their services would be a good fit for those already leasing their land for a cell tower and those considering doing so. Their services are available in Brazil and have now expanded to South America. For more information on the company, visit their site at www.TowerLeases.com. For a free 30-minute consultation regarding cellphone tower leasing, call 404-644-6446.
4780 Ashford Dunwoody Ste 225